To: "Linux for blind general discussion" <blinux-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, January 20, 2007 1:00 AM
Subject: Re: help with speakup and fedora core 6

What are you trying to do? The SpeakupModified provides you kernels with
Speakup builtin. There's no need to roll your own, unless you have some
particular need that isn't being support in our builds? As far as I can
see, there's no reason for what you're trying to do. What am I missing?

Janina

Kristoffer Gustafsson writes:
Hello!
I need some help here with speakup and fedora core 6.
I have the kernel sources from the fedora core 6 dvd image.
I go into it and type make mrproper as described in the speakup documentation but I only get errors. Is there something mroe I need to do? I compiled kernels ok under core 2 and core 4. Or is this kernel not a good one, so I shall go and download a new from somewhere? Or could some person be kind enough to me and compile the modules I need I want to use software speech.
Then I can take them and load them with insmod.

/Kristoffer

Janina Sajka Phone: +1.202.595.7777
Partner, Capital Accessibility LLC http://CapitalAccessibility.Com

Marketing the Owasys 22C talking screenless cell phone in the U.S. and Canada--Go to http://ScreenlessPhone.Com to learn more.

Chair, Accessibility Workgroup Free Standards Group (FSG)
janina@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://a11y.org