File Sharing-and-Dropped Networks?

Well, this is seemingly weird. I am running mutella much of the time with no problems. Also, since I am trying to complete several torrents, I am running several sessions of bit torrent console. All works well, but seemingly many mornings after 130-AM my network drops. I must power-cycle the modem--and type
ifup eth0
Just running mutella round-the-clock has never been a problem, but why are the torrent programs dropping my DSL middle-of-the-night? Right now, I am not running any router--and have a dynamic IP from what is now AT&T, was SBC. Running FC6 with speakup. Are their any settings I can change to fix this? Thanks so much in advance
Hart