Telnet and FTP between a DOS System and Linux Boxes

	I need to have a telnet and an FTP client on a DOS
system.  The last version of MS-Kermit for DOS has support for at
least telnet and the use of the kermit protocol over an Ethernet
providing one uses the right drivers.

	What is the least painful way to get FTP and telnet
clients in DOS that works well with speech?  MS-Kermit works
just fine with speech but I have seen some FtP clients that
cause the speech to behave strangely because they do something odd
with the way characters are sent out.

	I need the FTP client to hopefully backup the DOS system
over a network to a Linux host that can handle
backups much more gracefully than feeding one floppy after
another in to the DOS box and hoping that if you need them, they
will not let you down.

	I did find a set of drivers on a site in England that
reportedly works with Kermit.  The collection is called apps.zip.

Thanks in advance.

Martin McCormick WB5AGZ  Stillwater, OK
Systems Engineer