To: <blinux-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, July 29, 2006 8:28 AM
Subject: ubuntu install question

 I'm trying to install accessible ubuntu onto a hard drive here.  With
 sighted assistance I learned you key in boot selections and boot commands
 10 seconds after you hear the post test beep.  Then gnopernicus comes up
 talking for me.  When I try to install ubuntu and it can be done by
 sighted people and I know of a remote kickstart way to get it done too I
 get gnopernicus minimized and then do alt-f2 and key in install and tab
 once and hit space to run it in terminal mode since gnome panel won't work
 for this.  Then I tab over to run and hit enter.  An install window is
 created and when I try alt-tab to open it it says switch to install window
 but that's all.  If anyone else who has done this knows, is the install
 application needing to have caret mode used to make it talk or is
 something else limiting things?  When I had sighted assistance to install
 on this drive the first time we ended up with a grub error 18 the first
 time and couldn't get past that.  The second time I tried installing was
 remotely with linux ks=http://cwelug.org/~rwcitek/ubuntu/ks.cfg I got an
 error 22 frrom grub as it failed.  Others on this list who try that
 install may have better luck which is why I'm sharing it here.  By the
 way, if you replace linux with server in front of ks= on that last line
 you get a server installation rather than a desktop install.  The desktop
 install is the more complete of the two of them.  Now I have to research
 grub error 22 before my next installation attempt.  This could be a bad
 hard drive and if so, it's on a sled so can be switched out.