Re: how good is lynx for internet surffing?

On 28/09/06, Karen Lewellen <klewellen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi there,
Granted I am still creating my Linux stand alone box, so have only used
Lynx, via a shell and otherwise, of the two programs you mentioned in your
question?
My opinion is that it depends on your goals.
I find Linux perfectly fine for more than 90% of my needs, with the other
5% being managed by links and e-links, and the last 5%  split in half
between what I will be better able to manage with a stand alone Linux
setup, and between what cannot be done by a screen reading setup at all.
This is me though.
What specific internet goals do you have?
Karen
my most important need is to read my emails.  I have my account mostly
on gmail and yahoo.
I read a lot of documentation on line and even store the same.
I will visit a lot of web sites with little or no graphics.
Krishnakant.