Re: external hard drive

I'm planning to buy an external harddrive.
What works with linux?

I have yet to find a standard external drive that doesn't work with Linux. You don't mention what sort of interface you're going for: USB is the most common, but you can find fire-wire interfaces, parallel-port interfaces (ugh, they're slow), as well as both IDE and external SCSI drives that can be attached externally.

However, if you stick with an external USB drive (or external USB drive-enclosure, in which you stick a generic drive), you should be fairly safe...I've had no trouble with the variety of external USB drives I've had cross my path.

-tim