please recommend some festivel voice with nopernicus

hello all,
I just got ubuntu linux 6.06 and im amaised to know that it is so easy
to install and use.
well, now I am thinking of finally giving gnopernicus a try.
can any one kindly guide me on the following issues?
1. I have the gnopernicus.deb package from the ubuntu archive.  but
now want to know which festival voice will be best to use on gnome
desktop?  I want an exceptable good voice.
2. I don't have a broad band connection to run the debian/ ubuntu
installation system to get dependencies from the internet, so may I
know what all I will need?  I think I have gnome 2 or above for sure
with the latest ubuntu lts 6.06.  what else do I need?
3. I also got the kal16 bit deb package.  is it worth trying?
you see, I am asking this question again and again because it was not
so good with flite and eflite.  that also bring me to another query?
do the same voice sound differently in flite and festival?  I am
asking this because I did not find the voice kal 16k that much good
with flite and eflite.  but when it comes to GUI I will certainly like
to use a good voice.
4. does nopernicus work well with open office specially the documents
and spreadsheet?
thanks,
Krishnakant.