Re: Installing Windows XP under Qemu

Hey Christian,

On Do, Jul 20, 2006 at 04:40:51 +0200, Christian wrote:
>Yesterday I tried installing Windows XP under Qemu wiht the -nographic
>option and with an unatended diskette. I also used the kqemu
>accelerator. How long should it take to install Windows XP under Qemu?

On my system, Athlon XP 1800+, 256 MB RAM at the time of installation,
it took a couble of hours, if I remember correctly...., it really took
very long :(.

>Is it better to use Vmware for this purpose?

I've only created an image file with the qemu tools. The installation of
Win XP is much faster with vmware using a disk for unattended
installation, so I think this is the better choice.

>Christian

Kind regards,

  Christian

--