To: "Hart Larry" <chime@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Linux for blind general discussion" <blinux-list@xxxxxxxxxx>; <kde-accessibility@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, June 02, 2006 12:35 AM
Subject: Re: [Kde-accessibility] Information about orca

Hi Hart,
I just looked on your Orca page, but I didn't see a list of synthesizers,
either hardware or software. I sure hope it may sound as good as Eliquence or
support a Dectalk U S B? Thanks

It's on the FAQ page, under the question "What voices are available?". See:
http://live.gnome.org/Orca/FrequentlyAskedQuestions#head-b8e4ba96980c5d02358f6fc012187a499ba43b08

Orca works with all voices/engines supported by gnome-speech, which today includes Festival, FreeTTS, Fonix DECtalk, and IBMTTS (which comes from the same source code base as Eloquence, and sounds remarkably similar). I'm not aware of any hardware engines supported by gnome-speech directly, but my information may be old...

Regards,

Peter Korn
Accessibility Architect,
Sun Microsystems, Inc.