Re: Fedora core 5 installation problem

Hi,

Unless the sha1sums don't match, there's no need to replace the image. (Though when what should work doesn't, trying something else is better than blinking at it...)

Unless you're aiming at getting Gnopernicus set up, which I've been toying with and failing so far, there's not much reason to go to Fedora 5 imho. The thing seems to have been largely ruined by the unrestrained open source approach. Note recent organizational changes in Fedora management approach. For example, you've got 5 CD images but barely 3 are installed and there's no longer an option to install everything. And if you have Gnopernicus running on FC4 you should be aware that there are lots of changes that have many people on the main Fedora list mad.

I've really worked with only Red Hat Linux (from Linux 8 through Fedora 5). Either I'm getting old (I am but...) or this might be a good one to skip.

None of which addresses your question. Sorry...

Good luck,

--
Lee Maschmeyer
<lee_maschmeyer@xxxxxxxxx>