Debian installation

Hello, yesterday I downloaded the floppies .img files from debian's site, modified on 7th May 2006, so very recently!
This morning I tried to boot the computer with these floppies (boot, root, net-drivers and cd-drivers, following the exact order) but despite I had included the brltty parameter the first time, and the brltty=va parameter the second time, nothing happened and no braille appeared on my Baum Vario 40!
At this point, I think also to another thing, especially because Debian installation is text-only.
So, how can a blind person with a braille display install debian on his/her own, obviously not using speakup?

Many thanks

Stefano