Solved (was Re: Bluetooth: pand: Connection failed. File exists(17))

Geoff Shang wrote:

When I try to connect from the panu, I get the following:

Mar 10 18:35:46 data pand[16077]: Connection failed. File exists(17)

This was a case of brain failure on my part. I failed to understand that pand merely instructs the kernel and the hardware, rather than actually maintain the connections. This is unlike PPPd, for example. So a PAN connection will remain even if PANd is shut down.

The reason why I was getting the error is that I was trying to create a connection that already existed. I was able to verify this with "pand -l".

I admit that the somewhat unhelpful error message had me chasing red herrings for awhile.

Thanks to those of you who, through your suggestions, nudged me in the right direction.

Geoff.