Cygwin

I have cygwin and WindowEyes and did a brief test.  I was able to log
into my Linux box and briefly use VI and the cursor was still blinking
and seemed to be in the right place.  I cannot speak for Solaris, but
maybe -- I just checked cygwin is indicated inmy terminfo, so that is
maybe why this is working.

on Monday 03/27/2006 Dan Rossi(dr25@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote
 > Hello,
 >
 > I have downloaded and installed Cygwin but could use some advice.  If I
 > ssh into a Solaris box, I cannot run things like Pine as I get terminal
 > type cygwin is unknown.  I tried rxvt but then using JAWS, JAWS can't seem
 > to find the cursor as it doesn't blink.
 >
 > Are there any settings for JAWS or cygwin, or switches for rxvt that will
 > allow JAWS to track the cursor?  Or, any other suggestions for windows to
 > UNIX box connectivity?  I've tried open ssh, the latest version of Exceed,
 > Secure CRT, and believe it or not, a modern version of Kermit.  None of
 > them speak quite right.  they all have problems tracking the cursor, or
 > tend to put in blank lines where none exist, or ignore them where they do
 > exist.
 >
 > Actually, I very much like the cygwin concept, slick commandline access to
 > my windows box.  If I can get it to function properly connecting across to
 > my UNIX boxes, I'd be quite happy.
 >
 > Any suggestions, tips, or tricks would be greatly appreciated.
 >
 > --
 > Blue skies.
 > Dan Rossi
 > Carnegie Mellon University.