Re: Recording Streaming Audio?

I thought real player was an X application that wouldn't work with speech anyways?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Aldo" <blinuxman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Linux for blind general discussion" <blinux-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, February 15, 2006 3:26 AM
Subject: Re: Recording Streaming Audio?

On Tue, Feb 14, 2006 at 08:42:59AM -0800, Hart Larry wrote:
Ok, Dave-and-All:  Yes, vsound lets you listen while recording, but as I
said in my orriginal message, many times I cannot find a recorded file of
any type which is saved. It always says, "about to start the application"I
suppose it would be nice if it would mention the name of the file it is
saving. We have an alias with some options, but after the stream finishes,
it says cannot find then it lists a numbered au file.
See -ao pcm option in mplayer; default is audiodump.wav but you can also
give a file name to the output wav.

Yes, I wish I could always use tr player as I record.
No longer required since realplayer exists as a .deb package as well as
mplayer on the ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/ repository.
In that case you add -playlist as option to be able to stream / and/or
save.
As said din a prevouis msg, I forgot the command I used to convert
ra/ram while listening to it.

Aldo.