Re: Recording Streaming Audio?

Hi. I can't help you with Real files such as .rm, .ram, etc but I can help with mp3 streams. You can record many of them if you have wget installed. This isn't foolproof but works great for ACB Radio and others I've tested. For mms streams such as Windows Media Player, I suggest mimms. I'm on Debian which has a package but I don't know about other distros.

For wget, you would do something like this. My syntax might be off but it gives you the idea. Yes, you can have it read the pls file directly as long as it only contains an http url. If it has the usual Winamp header, wget will complain.

wget -itest.pls -Ofile.mp3

wget http://acbradio.org:6246/ -Omainstream.mp3

I think the -O switch should be upper case but I might be wrong. Good luck and I hope someone has an idea for grabbing Real streams.