To: "Linux for blind general discussion" <blinux-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, January 04, 2006 11:57 AM
Subject: Re: Is it possible to communicate with skype?

Maybe this article can give some help
Build a Linux-Based Skype Server for Your Home Phone System
See Linux Journal issue 141 January 2006
http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/8592
/Per

Brent Harding wrote:
If I redownload an old version of skype from somewhere, maybe oldversion.com, will it still work? I'm thinking of going net-based instead of cable for long distance calls and going with a cheap line for local so that I can still save money by downgrading my TV package. What is accessible and cheap like skype for PC to phone? Only thing I know of is going to involve buying some device to hook my phone into and put inside a machine running linux and asterisk. I have my old machine still here that I intend to use linux and speakup on, but heard that software is a bear to configure. It seems that yahoo and aim need the graphic thing filled out to get phone on there, and I don't think msn does phone at all, windows messenger in XP.

----- Original Message ----- From: "mlang" <mlang@xxxxxxxxxx>