Re: programming docs for old external speech synths

Installing RCstudio software and you get more information
/Per

Per Sjoholm wrote:

Good idea
Doubbletalk docs can be found at http://www.rcsys.com/Downloads/rc8660.pdf for 8660 chip
/Per

T. Joseph CARTER wrote:

Just wondering, does anyone happen to have some programming docs for some
of the external speech synthesizers?  I was thinking about a little
project that would listen to a serial port and parse the codes used by
something widely supported (DoubleTalk and Accent come to mind) so that a
person can do things like successfully flash a BIOS using one of the old
school DOS screen readers.

I know a few people who do this successfully using real old school
synthesizers to go with the screen readers, but I haven't got one, and I
really would prefer not to listen to (let alone pay for) a DoubleTalk ever
again if I can avoid it.  *grin*

--
Per Sjöholm
Spanga, Stockholm, Sweden