Re: Dell DJ and Linux Access

On Fri, Dec 02, 2005 at 12:02:17PM -0600, Martin McCormick wrote:
> 	Has anyone gotten the management of a Dell DJ portable player
> to work under Linux via a command line program?
>
> 	This is a device similar to an Ipod that plays MP3 files.  It
> connects to a computer via a USB cable and there is a Linux program
> called "dudebox" which is nice, but it is a GUI application.  If one
> can mount the player's hard drive as a file system, it should be
> possible to add and delete files in the normal way.

Well didn't you tried to mount it?
We have here a Trust digicam and since there is an SD card we can mount
it as a normal sda1 but the fstab must be correctly configured for the
usbfs and you need of course hotplug.

So if your Dell is seen as a removable disk, then you can mount and use
cp or mv

Aldo.