Re: Viewing long YUM output

Nope.

Several problems in using dos2unix. In the first place, it's not ^M we
want to get rid of, it's the overtyped lines which they
conceal. Simply taking out ^M, which you can do with an editor, means
those overtyped lines would be strung out in a long string whereas
what we want to look at is only the last segment.

In the second place, all dos2unix does is convert ^M^J to ^J. It does
not simply remove ^M, as is evidenced by the test I just ran.

In short, what we need is to have those lines executed (ie the ^M's
honored) while keeping track of actually folded lines. It may be a bit
more complex than that but I have to get to other work right now.
That's the basic concept at any rate.