Single-Digit Numbers?

Just wondering if any of the linux screen-readers are or will support the chance to switch to single-digit numbers?
In maybe all of the DOS-and-windows reader, have this option.
I am currently running speakup, but there's really no dictionary or way to change numbering. I've spoken with Karl from Jupiter--and he's quite happy the way his program handles numbers. Mike from Yasr seems to think he would need commands for each synthesizer to turn on-and-off numbering. I've asked Phonix, who currently supports the Dec-Talk and the command they listed was not correct.
So how did Vocal-Eys and Jaws switch off numbering as an option?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Hart