To: "Linux for blind general discussion" <blinux-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, July 12, 2005 3:21 PM
Subject: Re: Speakup without a synth

Yes, but you'll need to get speech0-dispatcher (and speechd_up) compiled
and working. You'll also need to get flite (or some other software TTS
engine). Troll via Google for messages on this subject. It has been
discussed in the past quite thoroughly. Perhaps you wil write up the FAQ
for us so we don't have to keep answering this way?

Chris Norman writes:
I don't need to install with speach, I have parents who can help with the
install, it's just for when I'm actually using the thing, I'll need it to
speak, but I don't have, or want to buy a synth. Can it work just through
my onboard sound card or headphones or something?

Cheers,

Chris Norman.

<!-- chris.norman4@xxxxxxxxxxxx -->
----- Original Message ----- From: "Janina Sajka" <janina@xxxxxxxxxxx>