have a linux question about mp3s

hello I was trying to set something up on the asterisk pbx and I am confused on something that is mentioned I will put the portion of what I don't understand in " for easier refference to what I don't under stand
Shoutcast Music On Hold

You can have asterisk use a streaming source for on-hold music.

"Make a directory and put a 0 size file ending in .mp3."
okay what do they mean buy that?
what does the mp3 file need to be called? how do I do this?
I called my directory: /var/lib/asterisk/mohmp3-empty
thanks
hank