abook with set show_cursor=true doesn't work

Hi,
a few months ago I read here that the cursor was able to follow our braille
display, or was it viceversa???... anyway I did created a file .abookrc even
in my ~ as in my ~/.abook/ dir
but no matter how does I start abook, it absolutely does'nt change anything:
the cursor is not following.

For your info, I'm running under Debian Sarge version 0.5.3-3 of abook.

Any help welcome; tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Aldo.