a speakup 2.0 and lynx problem

Last night, I wrote that when I type
lynx -show_cursor
I hear the link I am leaving, and the new link.  If I use the numpad six to
read the next word, the cursor is always to the left of the link I'm on
if I type
less /proc/speakup/version
it says 2.00 so I assume thatmeans I have the most recent version.
Does anyone have any ideas besides the wrong version number as to what could
be going on? I am running fedora, which I downloaded last friday from
octothorp.
Thanks for any additional help.  Should I try a different browser?