Re: xm pcr and timeshifting under linux with speakup

There is a howto on timeshifting radio for linux. See http://osl.iu.edu/~tveldhui/radio/.

I have downloaded and am using the scripts that are linked to on that page. They're not bad. They're not exactly the way i'd do things but they're not bad. You use cron to run these scripts and they'll create a directory for each day. Your files will be stored in those directories. So if you record 2 or 3 shows a day, all of them will be in one directory. I'd have created a folder for each sho and put the files in the directory with a date stamped name.

It would be easy enough to change the scripts to do that but I haven't bothered yet. One of these days...