OT: yasr and cygwin

Hi Hank,

I once got yasr to compile under cygwin (I can't remember if I had to make any changes), but I don't think I ever tried running it. I didn't have a synth for it (I guess it didn't occur to me to try hooking up my speakout).

I would really like for yasr to run under cygwin. It would be nice to be able to carry around a speech-enabled cygwin environment on one of those little USB flash devices so that I could go to any Windows box and at least access a command line without having to install any software. The harder part might be getting a speech synthesizer for it (I'm not sure that cygwin supports named pipes, for instance, so eflite may not work without customization, or perhaps Microsoft Text to Speech support or something similar could be added in). I am fairly busy right now though and probably will not be able to make time to work on it for a while as much as I would like to (of course, anyone else is welcome to experiment and make a patch).

-- Michael Gorse / AIM:linvortex / http://mgorse.home.dhs.org --