Re: Serial console

At 05:02 PM 4/29/2005, you wrote:
That just means that that's the default for a stock kernel. What you need to
know is if RedHat has enabled that option in its RHEL kernels. In FC3 it's on.
I don't know if it's on or off in RHEL, and I'm not willing to pay for RHEL
just so that I can find out. My guess, though, is that it's on in RHEL as well.
If anyone would care to privately send me a copy of an RHEL kernel source rpm
then I'll look in it to be sure, but it may be just as easy to try it.

I think the documentation is wrong because I think the default for stock kernels is to enable serial console support. IIRC, that changed about 2 years ago.