RE: synthesizers

Thanks Janina, I had not heard of the TripleTalk USB, despite having just verified the URL for the DecTalk USB version!
http://www.axsol.com/ttusb/

I would guess its main advantage is being a couple hundred dollars cheaper.

> Both work with Speakup, but only via the serial connector.

I forget the reason why I abandon trying to procure one, but that may have well been it.  At the time I was trying to get a screen reader working at the BSD command line on an Apple Power Macintosh.  Macs don't have serial ports!

I do recall that even though SpeakUp supports only the serial connector, the USB connector is still helpful as it can be used for power independently of the data signal.

<<winmail.dat>>