Re: yasr and a DEC express

Hi Kenny,

If you define TTSLOG in tts.c, then yasr will write a copy of what it sends to the synth to a file called tts.log. However, I suspect that the problem is with the following code in tts_silence():

  if (tts.synth == TTS_DECTALK)
  {
    if (read(tts.fd, tmp, 1) == -1)
    {
      perror("tts_silence");
    }
  }

It attempts to wait to receive a ^c after silencing speech but probably never receives it and waits indefinitely. I am not really sure how to handshake with the DEC-talk. If I simply send a ^c, then it might lose the next few characters (at least it did when I was testing.) Any advice, patches, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

-- Michael Gorse / AIM:linvortex / http://mgorse.home.dhs.org --