Re: Sound in Debian Woody - how to get without kernel recompile

At 07:55 AM 11/11/2004, Janina Sajka you wrote:
Ari Moisio writes:
> Hi!
>
>   I installed Debian Woody but was unable to find any sound modules
> anywhere. As i  like to  alter anything as little as possible i'm looking
> for  sound modules without full kernel re-compile.

I suspect you misunderstand Debian. The approach of Debian is
minimalist. If you didn't ask for sound, you didn't get it.

He probably read the linux sound how-to which still says you have to recompile the kernel if you want sound. That thing should be rewritten. You probably can still do what it says but you don't have to and you probably don't want to.