Re: dectalk installation problem

At 09:37 AM 10/20/2004, Kristoffer Gustafsson you wrote:
gzip: stdin: decompression ok trailing garbage ignored.

Can you tell me what is wrong?
Have fonix made it like this only to steal us poor people on money by selling software that doesn't work?

I bought DECtalk 4.6 from them and it works fine. They may have done something wrong packaging 5.0 but I doubt they're purposely trying to rip you off.

You should contact them.

You might try using the tar command to uncompress the archive. I can't imagine why it would help but it can't hurt. You can unpack and uncompress at the same time:

$ tar -zxvf <filename>