Re: Iptables and Logins at boot-up

John:
We all do need to learn to look for ourselves. and it would not have taken searching through reams of documentation to find out what you are asking. Even just a little search through the blinux archives would have given you information about the change from redhat to fedora and the availability of a brltty bootdisk for the install.
It's really tempting to just ask questions onlist but it's not a good habit to get into. At least that's what I was taught as a newbie, and it was people's gentle but firm insistance that I do this that helped me to start learning (I'm still learning) about man pages and google and list archives--well, some people weren't so gentle about it, either!!! Not that answering your question was a big deal for any number of us on this list, but do you really want to get into this pattern and advertise that you don't want to have to look for info? and you aren't even a newbie.
Just something to think about.

I had decided not to send this, but your questions about speakup/fedora make me think it's relevant. Most of what you ask is plainly written in the howto that goes with the speakup-modified fedora.

As for brltty and FC, I will say to be careful to acquire or make one that matches the installation set you are using.

-- Cheryl