Re: Tinkering with Compressed Speech

The "sox" package has an
option for speeding up playback without changing the pitch.

I am going to have to look at the man page again. What effect does this?

I believe, as per the man page (http://ccrma.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/planetman.cgi?topic=sox) that it's the semi-counter-intuitive "stretch" option...you'd set it to stretch by a factor between 0.0 and 1.0 and it would speed up the playback. It has sub-options which allow you to specify your window size (as I think your own code was doing) and other such options, but the default "stretch" option with a parameter like "0.8" or "0.5" should be good enough.

Groove on...

-tim