Success with root:

Hi all,

I found that I needed to change the pass word for root so that I could
access it directly at log in.  I am now a happy camper.  This reminds me of
the days of zipslack when I had a gui and zipspeak running on the same
system.  Heck, It also reminds me of the shells since I cannot really access
the unix side of osx except through ssh which I am happy to do for the
moment.

Johnnie Apple Seed