Re: SV: dectalk

you can use software speech with speak up?
how do you set all of this up?
----- Original Message ----- From: "Stephen Clower" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Linux for blind general discussion" <blinux-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, September 13, 2004 5:12 AM
Subject: Re: SV: dectalk

That should work just fine. However, I'd like to make one minor correction to the info which Kenny gave. Yasr actually uses the Emacspeak server to communicate with the Dectalk program. The overhead is probably considerably less than Speechd-up, but I think Speechd-up does a much better job of utilizing the capabilities of the Dectalk software.