still working on transfering files to and from braillelite

Hi all.
I haven't been able to get transfers to work with ymodem or with sz and rz using the ymodem protocol, but I am able to do transfers to the braillelite using cat. My only problems are:

(1) I have to create a file in the braillelite and expand it to a size big enough for the file coming in. this seems rather odd as I have the september 2000 revision and wouldn't think I should have to size the files. It amounts to guessing, as i can't tell for sure how many braillelite "pages" a file will be. If anybody can think of settings i might be missing that would affect this, please let me know.

(2) I still haven't found a way to transfer from the pc to the braillelite. Short of my tracking down my problem with ymodem transfers, is there any way to do this?

I also can of course read brf files on my pc now, which is helpful, but sometimes transfers are necessary. I'm not proofreading and using Megadots any longer, so this is the only reason I have left--other than sentimental reasons--for maintaining a DOS partition.

I realize I've brought up this topic before, so I may have exhausted all the knowledge of the experts out there, but if anybody has additional ideas, please pass them on to me.
Thanks.

-- Cheryl