problem with yatm-0.2

It seems to work fine when I play ogg files which are 1 channel and 22050 hz. But when I play files which I made by burning from commercial cds with cdparanoia and then converting from .wav to ogg files, the files are shown as two channels and 44100 hz but will play only through one of my two speakers and sound like a madly skipping cd when one tries to adjust the speed at all. the same files are fine with zinf, play and ogg123. am I missing something here?
thanks.

--
Cheryl