Re: TomsRtBt and Fedora CD?

it depends on what you have. I've had my laptop for two years and just discovered that I can temporarily change the boot medium by hitting F12 during boot. It doesn't talk; you just have to know or experiment till you find out that arrowing down twice boots the cdrom. somebody else mentioned having a machine that will do this with F8. My desktop, on the other hand, is totally implacable in this area; the only way to change it is to do it in the bios. This is particularly bad with this particular desktop bios because if you put cdrom first you completely lose the ability to boot from floppy. At any rate, sometimes there are other alternatives, Lee, but they are very specific to the type of computer you have. I found about the F12 by doing a google search and happening on some linux installation instructions for thinkpads that just happened to mention the f12 trick. Hope your machine has an alternative. I know the whole subject of inaccessible bioses can be very frustrating; here we can install and program and maybe even take it apart and put it back together again, but we can't manage the bios without sighted help or some very complicated logistics!!!

-- Cheryl