Re: Oralux problem

Hi,
I have some thing similar happening on a Mercer motherboard based box.
What is happening in this case is that the sound chip only supports stereo
IE. two channel audio.  Flite/festival which is used as the
software speech in Oralux, writes a mono file. to produce the sound.
Find out which sound chip your laptop is using by using the
dmesg command in linux and then do a google search to find out if that
chip might have the same problem.
Regards,
Willem