Re: good sounding board for linux

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004, Alexandre Alves Tôco wrote:

 >     Hi friends, I am buying a new computer in witch I want to install festival, yasr and gnopernicus. But I would like to know what sounding board is fooly compatible with linux.
 > It must be a multi channel sounding board because I also use jaws and with out a multi channel sounding board I can't access voice chat programs.
 >     Many thanks, Alexandre.
I've got good results with the Creativelabs SoundBlaster lvie cards.
You may wnat to install alsa for this type of card, but overall it's good
supported.
Also the Yamaha PCI soundcard which is in my Toshiba laptop works fine.
The new SB-cards oddity 2 or something are fullly supported as well

--
Andor Demarteau                 E-mail: ademarte@xxxxxxxx
student computer science        www: http://www.students.cs.uu.nl/~ademarte/