best way to install Debian

I have a system that I would like to install Debian on.  I don't have a
 serial cable and the version with speakup is very, very old.  The only
Woody version I could find with Speakup is on floppy disks, and I don't
have a floppy drive on this system I tried bootstrapping it using an
Oralux CD, but I want to upgrade to unstable, which gave me nothing but
trouble.  Now, every time I run Apt-get I get millions of errors about
libc6 not being configured and I can't install libc6 because it says it
isn't completely installed.  I don't know what to .  What is the best
way to do this given the above circumstances?

PRINCE