Re: wma converter ?

Hi,

I use mplayer which handles most sound formats very good, and even movies
and DVD:s. It is a command-line player and when you install it you also
download native Windows DLL:s which contain decoders and are used by
mplayer. It can even handle RealAudio if these libraries are installed. I
have played back wma files without any problem, both streaming and from my
hard drive.

When playing movies you can select font for the subtitle which makes me
think that the subitle could be read with braille display. I haven't tried it
yet since most ripped DVD:s are ripped without subtitle information so I
have to borrow a DVD movie. However, it sounds interesting if it is
possible to read movie subtitles which is important in small countries
where the original language of the movie is preserved and subtitled
instead. I wonder if I can read braille fast enough but maybe it can be
combined with a speech synthesiser.

Fredrik