Re: flite compilation

The compilation produces a binary  ./bin/flite
which the documentation says can either create a wave file or
write directly to the audio device.

That is:

flite "this is a test"  play
should result in hearing "this is a test"  spoken over the
soundcard output.

It does not.

Instead I need to do:

flite "this is a test" out.wav
wavplay out.wav

to achieve this result.

So, if anyone else has encountered this same behavior and knows the cause, I'd
very much like to learn of it.

Thanks,

Rudy