Re: html messages and pine

[quoted lines by dashielljt on 2003/08/27 at 00:24 -0400]

>Forgot to ask, will those rules handle files with the .htm extension as
>well or should another couple lines be added with nametemplate=%s.htm?

The purpose of the nametemplate specification isn't to filter the name of the
given file, but, rather, to tell the application, e.g. pine, what to name the
file before giving it to lynx. The rule tells the application to make sure that
it puts text/html data into a file with an extension of .html before letting
lynx see it, which is how you force lynx to believe that it's html. By default,
applications (including pine) give the file a name with random junk on the end
(like mktemp does), and then lynx doesn't believe that the file contains html
source. One would think that such applications would be sensitive to mime.types
in the first place, but, unfortunately, they don't seem to be.

EMail: dave@xxxxxxxxx | Canada  K2A 1H7   | if you're concerned about Hell.
http://familyradio.com/                   | http://mielke.cc/bible/