Re: how to know what place linux is on

Well what I would do is boot with a Linux boot disk and run fdisk on
the machine. Print the partition table and you will see entries for
Linux Native and Linux Swap partitions. Those are the partitions being
used by your Linux install. How you boot with loadlin I don't know. I
have only ever used LILO.