Re: upgrading from rh 8.0 to 9 with speech, and gnopernicus

Wow! I guess the 8 bootdisk won't go to http down 9. The name of the first image it needs is different, i guess, wonder how I'll get this updated? Sighted assistance is no option.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, August 01, 2003 1:08 AM
Subject: upgrading from rh 8.0 to 9 with speech, and gnopernicus

            Is it OK to use my rh 8.0 network boot installer disk to upgrade to 9.0, so I have speech through the process? I understand I have to install the kernel RPM to have speakup, but I don't have another system to do it by telnet. (I hope to be getting a Pac Mate soon, as state rehab purchased one for me, as I decided that I thought it's better than the braille note because of connectivity, and that you can use audible.com and other Pocket PC apps that the bn doesn't allow for. Does it have an accessible telnet client so I could pull the install off that way, or should I just use the rh 8.0 bootnet.img and point the http to the appropriate directory for 9 on redhat's server? I may give it a try anyways, sort of updated some gnu stuff manually to attempt gnopernicus, but am having trouble with glib and gtk and autoconf and cspi, and other stuff like that. What would I need to do to 9 to prepare for gnopernicus to install? I have the script someone sent, errors out on 8.0, think I need to ad the all important
#!/bin/sh
line to the top, but the compiles error out on 8.0, choking on autoconf not being the right version when trying to compile gtk or glib, since gnopernicus needs a later lib than 8.0 provides.
Thanks.