RE: Papermeier Braillex ELBA note taker

Well I certainly agree that there are some grants available and that some
companies do rip people off. I can't agree with your analogy though. Once
again you are talking about a product that has a huge market. Braille
displays don't. If Adaptive technology companies followed your advice and
removed products from the market if the price doesn't drop dramatically then
there would be no products available for us to use at any price. I don't
think that is a good solution.

	I am constantly pushing to lower the prices of our products. I sincerely
hope that someday the price of technology drops so that all of us can afford
whatever device we need or want. You just can't compare the Adaptive
technology market to other markets though. For example If you want to buy a
laptop you can go into any store and get a demo of that laptop. If someone
wants a demo of a Braille display cnaces are that someone has to travel to
their home or office and do the demo. Sometimes this is accross town but
sometimes it is accross the state. People can't provide this service without
getting some compensation for there time. On the other hand I usually spend
several hours working with my customers to get them up and running. Try
getting this from Wallmart.

	Anyway, I'm not trying to be argumentative. As I have said I truly wish the
prices were better too. I also think that this is getting a bit off topic
and I don't want to do that to the list. So I won't continue this debate
here. I do think it is important to compare Aples to Aples though when we
talk about these issues.

Tommy

p.s. Our company has never gotten a government grant to do research. These
grants aren't nearly as easy to obtain as you might think.