From: blinux-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:blinux-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Tom Masterson
Sent: Monday, July 21, 2003 3:12 PM
To: blinux-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Papermeier Braillex ELBA note taker

Remember that each braille cell in a display costs (last time I got a price)
around $125 per cell.  There is a problem with the age supply and demand we
don't need enough parts to make manufaturing them cheap.  So by the time you
add the cost of a case and the rest of the hardware not too mention the
labor for puting these together and other costs I don't think the companies
are making a huge proffit.  Just a guess on my part.

By the way I don't like the prices either but I don't see a way to lower
them.