Papermeier Braillex ELBA note taker

Hi all
I am wondering whether anybody has had experience with this note taker, as I am thinking of getting a braille note taker in the future. At the moment it is a decision between the Braille Note, and the Braillex ELBA note takers. A few pros and cons I have found so far below.

Braille Note pros:
* Interface is easy to use.
* Keynote speech is clear and responsive.
* Well supported by the manufacturer.

Cons:
* Connectivity is there, I.E via PCMCIA/CompactFlash, but unless the drivers for hardware are present on the unit, the hardware won't
work, and there is no way of making it work.
* Based on Windows CE (A personal dislike).
* Can't access main operating system from within main interface.

Braillex ELBA Pros:
* The most popular methods of connectivity have been included.
* Runs on Linux.
* Access to command shell is possible.

Cons:
* Possibility that the interface software is not open source.
* Possibility that Linux kernel can't be updated with newer drivers, eg for PCMCIA/USB hardware.
* Shorter battery life.
* No direct evidence of product support from manufacturer's website, I.E mailing list, etc.
* No software downloads available anywhere that I have seen.

So if anybody has had experience with the Braillex ELBA series in particular, I am interested in hearing your opinion. I like the sound of this unit, but if it is not readily supported, I am not sure if I want to bother with it.

Thanks
Luke