Re: suse cds

Hi!

On Mit, Jun 25, 2003 at 09:06:59 +0200, Kristoffer Gustafsson wrote:
> i am looking at my suse cds if i can find information about my kernel and my
> sound card.
> where on the cds do i find the source code for my kernel and pre- compiled
> kernel images if there are?

Look for a rpm called kernel-sources.

> also, can yast or yast 2 help me with some kernel stuff when using the
> select boot kernel oprion?

Yes, YaST has a module which can setup the lilo-bootconfiguration, but
I'd do that handish in /etc/lilo.conf. the onliy thing you hav to do is
to copy the new kernel in /boot and ad a new section in /etc/lilo.conf,
you could use your actueal config as template. Before writing the new
lilo-configuration on to your hd you should build a new initrd for the
new kernel, take a look at mk_initrd. BTW: Why don't you get the newest
kernel-sources from

ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/linux/suse/people/mantel/next/RPM/

What is the soundmodule your looking for? I could take a look in to my
moduletree and see if it is there with the newest kernel.

What SuSE version are you using? You can find this out by typing the
command

cat /etc/SuSE-release

Whitch is your actual kernel-version? Type

uname -r

to get this out.

> kristoffer

Ciao,